Set in 1919, Birmingham, England, the ambitious gang leader of the Peaky Blinders, Thomas Shelby finds his crew has come under the scrutiny of Belfast Chief Inspector Chester Campbell, who has been sent to clean up the city of crime.
Main Cast Edit
- Cillian Murphy as Thomas Shelby
- Sam Neill as Chester Campbell
- Helen McCrory as Aunt Polly Shelby
- Paul Anderson as Arthur Shelby Jr.
- Iddo Goldberg as Freddie Thorne
- Annabelle Wallis as Grace Burgess
- Sophie Rundle as Ada Thorne
- Joe Cole as John Shelby
Recurring Cast Edit
- Aimee-Ffion Edwards as Esme Shelby
- Ned Dennehy and Charlie Strong
- Alfie Evans-Meese as Finn Shelby
- Charlie Creed-Miles as Billy Kimber
- Andy Nyman as Winston Churchill
- Samuel Edward-Cook as Danny "Whizz-Bang" Owen
- Packy Lee as Johnny Dogs
- Ian Peck as Curly
- Benjamin Zephaniah as Jeremiah Jesus
- Tommy Flanagan as Arthur Shelby, Sr.
- David Dawson as Roberts
- Tony Pitts as Sergeant Moss
- Kevin Metcalfe as Scudboat
- Neil Bell as Harry Fenton
- Tom Vaughan-Lawlor as Malacki Byrne
- Keith Dunphy as Maguire
- Lobo Chan as Mr Zhang
- Kunjue Li as Chinn
- Karl Shiels as Ryan
- Therese Bradley as Zilpha Lee
- John-Paul Hurly as Stanley Chapman
- Nigel Travis as Erasmus
- Lorraine Horgan as Mrs. Donovan
- Jonty Stephans as Reporter
- Emma Pearce as Sandra
|Episode 1||1.1||September 12, 2013||Steven Knight||Otto Bathurst|
|Birmingham, 1919. Thomas Shelby controls the Peaky Blinders, one of the city's most feared criminal organisations, but his ambitions go beyond running the streets. When a crate of guns goes missing, Thomas recongnises and opportunity to move up in the world.|
|Episode 2||1.2||September 19, 2013||Steven Knight||Otto Bathurst|
|Thomas fixes a horserace, provoking the ire of local kingpin Billy Kimber. He also start a war with gypsy family the Lees. Meanwhile, Inspector Campbell carries out a vicious raid of Small Heath in search of the stolen guns.|
|Episode 3||1.3||September 26, 2013||Steven Knight||Otto Bathurst|
Thomas plans to go to Cheltenham races in order to get closer to Billy Kimber. Knowing the gangster's appetite for beautiful women, Thomas invites Grace to accompany him. Meanwhile, some IRA sympathisers approach Thomas with an offer to buy the stolen guns.
|Episode 4||1.4||October 3, 2013||
Steven Knight & Stephen Russell
Thomas Shelby's war with the Lee family of gypsies escalates and Campbell puts further pressure on him to deliver the stolen guns. Meanwhile, John Shelby plans to marry a former prostitute, but Thomas suspects that she's still on the game.
|Episode 5||1.5||October 10, 2013||Steven Knight & Toby Finlay||Tom Harper|
Thomas has to deal with an IRA chief who has come to Small Heath to avenge his cousin's death. Meanwhile, Campbell gets closer to the stolen guns, and Grace has to decide whether her loyalties lie with him or with Thomas.
|Episode 6||1.6||October 17, 2013||Steven Knight||Tom Harper|
|As Thomas prepares to oust Billy Kimber, hidden secrets are revealed and the family have to face up to the problems that have divided them. Meanwhile, Campbell, obsessed with taking down the Peaky Blinders, unleashed one last plan to destroy them.|